Two children aged 1 died following separate accidents, while a 1-year old child is admitted at the Lautoka Hospital after sustaining burns at his Saweni home on Monday morning.

A 1-year old boy died over the weekend after he allegedly sat on a hot pot of food that was left unattended inside their home in Waidranudranu, Bua.

The incident occurred on Sunday morning.

The victim was rushed to the Nabouwalu Hospital but was unfortunately pronounced dead.

Investigations continue.

In another incident recorded last week, a 1-year old girl who was admitted at the Lautoka Hospital after she was found submerged in a bucket of water passed away over the weekend.

The incident occurred at Naivuvuni Village, Rakiraki.

She was rushed to the Rakiraki Hospital where she was resuscitated and was transferred to the Lautoka Hospital where she unfortunately passed away at the weekend.

In another incident, a 1-year old boy is admitted with 16% burns at the Lautoka Hospital.

The child sustained burns after a hot cup of water placed on the table by his mother allegedly fell on him.

He was conveyed to the Lautoka Hospital where he remains admitted.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
Fiji TV Subscribe

Don't miss the HSBC Sevens Series LIVE on Fiji One.