The Ministry of Economy is excited to announce that a new electronic tendering (eTender) Portal is now online, an easy-to-use online resource that massively streamlines the government tender process, giving registered traders a one-stop shop to view, submit and participate in government tenders.
The portal is available at www.tenderlink.com/economyfiji/
The new online platform has been launched in partnership with TenderLink, a leading eTender provider in the Australasia region. The launch of the eTender Portal is the latest in a string of achievements to bring greater transparency and accountability to the government tender process and cut down on the time and cost of submitting, reviewing and awarding paper-based tenders.
“Fiji has seen a big spike in government tenders as a result of the unprecedented slate of development projects taking place across the country. Back in 2010, we centralised government tenders under the Ministry of Economy to improve efficiency and speed up the tender process, and today we’ve taken an even bigger step forward by taking the tender process online for the first time. So now, whether it be building new schools, purchasing high tech equipment, expanding services, or the important work to adapt our infrastructure to climate change, we now have an online tender system that gives Fijians a new level of transparency in the tender process, which safeguards against corruption, and that has the flexibility and efficiency we need to support the massive new development this Government is delivering for Fiji and the Fijian people,” said the Attorney-General and Minister for Economy Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum.
What are the benefits of the eTender Portal?
Under the new E-Tender System, Registered Traders can:
• View initiations for tender, expressions of interest and request quotations;
• Receive e-mail notifications of new opportunities published by the Ministry of Economy;
• Download and view all relevant documentation for new tenders, EOIs, and quotations;
• Participate in questions and answer forums on the tender process; and
• Submit electronic bid responses directly online through our secure, e-tender box facility.
How do Traders Register?
• Suppliers and traders can register for the eTender Portal at www.tenderlink.com/economyfiji/ and can then immediately view, and submit tenders through the portal.
• The use of the portal is completely free of charge.