MHCC is open for business as normal and shoppers are welcome to do their shopping.

This was confirmed by the Carpenters Properties Department this morning.

Shoppers and staff in the MHCC building were forced to evacuate the building yesterday after it was engulfed with smoke from a fire that started at on the 1st level.

The National Fire Authority found that the fire began from an air conditioning system motor located in one of the units in Level 1 had overheated and caught fire.

The team saw heavy smoke emitting from the ground floor of the building.

According to the team, the fire started in a unit in the car park area on Level 1 of the MHCC building.

The fire triggered the fire sprinkler system that was installed in that room which quickly snuffed out the fire before it could cause any further damage.

The smoke created during the course of the incident escaped through the centralized air conditioning system vents, triggering off the Fire Alarm at the Suva Fire Station Control Room.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
Fiji TV Subscribe

Don't miss the HSBC Sevens Series LIVE on Fiji One.