This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effect of TC Yasa
- Both Queens Road and Kings Road are open
- 1 road closed in the Central Division, 3 roads closed in the Western Division and 10 roads closed in the Northern Division
As Tropical Cyclone Yasa intensifies, the Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) is urging the public to remain vigilant and take heed of advisories from the relevant authorities.
With warnings issued for most parts of the country, the FRA is closely monitoring the situation for all divisions.
- FRA is reminding motorists not to move road closure signs or attempt to drive around barricades that block flooded roadways. These are placed for your safety and by entering flood waters you are potentially risking your own life and those of the emergency services.
- Do not swim, drive or walk in flood waters. If the roadway has been flooded, please take a detour as floodwaters can be deceptively strong.
- Flooded roadways can be more dangerous than they appear because the road may have washed away or maybe deeper than it appears with hidden hazards such as debris, sharp objects etc. Please be extremely cautious.
- Be aware of the possibility of rock falls, landslides and debris on the roadway amidst heavy rain.
- Always keep a safe following distance, avoid speeding and drive to the conditions.
Members of the public can call the FRA on toll free number 5720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org shall they have any queries.
Keep up-to-date with the latest situation by following #FRAupdate on Facebook: Fiji Roads Authority and Twitter: @FijiRoads
|Division||Asset Name||Road Name||Area||Status of Damage||Advice to Motorists|
|Central||Old Qeens Road (Wainadoi)||Old Qeens Road (Wainadoi)||Wainadoi||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Kacidavui Crossing||Nakobo Road||Savusavu near Vunisavisavi||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Qawa Crossing||Qawa Road||Bulileka, Labasa||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Urata Crossing||Urata Road||Bulileka, Labasa||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Konasami Crossing||Dreketilailai Road||Bulileka, Labasa||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Bagata Crossing||Vunivesi Road||Savusavu||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Lalakoro low level Crossing||Lalakoro Road||Natua, Seaqaqa||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Zailav Crossing||Zailav Road||Batiri, Seaqaqa||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Waibula Crossing||Northern, Taveuni||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Drekeniwai Crossing||Drekeniwai Road||Drekeniwai, Savusavu||Flooded||Closed|
|Northern||Natewa Crossing||Natewa Road||Valavala, Natewa Road- Savusavu||Flooded||Closed|
|Western||Katudrau Crossing||Katudrau Road||Rakiraki, Western||Flooded||Closed|
|Western||Narara 1 Crossing||Narara Road||Narara, Rakiraki||Flooded||Closed|
|Western||Drana Crossing||Drana Road||Drana, Rakiraki||Flooded||Closed|