More than 200 thousand children aged between 1 to 19 years immunised under National Meningococcal Immunisation Program coordinated by the Ministry of Health.
This covers the central, eastern, western and northern division.
Minister for Health – Rosy Akbar says that while the Ministry has achieved 84 percent of the target coverage, efforts are made to reach out to the other 16 percent of the targeted age groups.
The National MenC Immunisation has been rolled out nationally through a funding of $11million of which $9 million has been provided by the Fijian Government and $2 million through donor funding.
She adds they are also advising the parents that MenC vaccinations is still available at the health facilities, in case their children may have missed out, they can visit their nearest health centre or nursing station to receive the MenC immunisation.