The Men’s 55kg A category, is scheduled to take place soon after the opening ceremony of the 2019 International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) World Junior Championships.
The participants for this category are as follows:
- TOM Seth Sinjon (DOB 04.04.2002) from the United States of America
- YAMAGUCHI Yuto (DOB 15.06.2000) from Japan
- MASSIDDA Sergio (DOB 26.01.2002) from Italy
- KUBO Kaito (DOB 24.01.1999) from Japan and;
- LIN Zhi Ting (DOB 27.06.1999) from Chinese Taipei
Men’s World Records for the M55KG A categories are as follows.
Junior Mens World Category (55KG A)
- The “Snatch” weight record is 122kg World Standard
- The “Clean and Jerk” weight record is 146 World Standard
Youth Mens World Category (55KG A)
- The “Snatch” weight record holder is DO Tu Tung (DOB 10.01.2004) of Vietnam, who lifted 95kg in this weight category in Last Vegas. DO Tu Tung is also the record holder for the “Clean and Jerk” weight record lifting 125kg. He lifted a total of 220kg in this 55kg weight category.
Men’s World Record Category (55KG A)
- The “Snatch” weight record is at World Standard with a weight of 135kg. The record holder for the “Clean and Jerk” weight record is OM Yun Chol (DOB 18.11.1991) of People’s Democratic Republic of Korea, lifting 162kg in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
The Juries and Team Officials for this event are as follows:
President of Jury – THATMAN Sirilak (THA)
Members of Jury – BARATTINI Italo (CHI), CHRISTOFORIDI Maris (GRE), MOLDODOSOV Omurzhan (KGZ), SMITH Sandra (GBR) and STEFANIK Jan (SVK).
Centre Referee – KITAPCI Mehmet Unal (TUR)
Referees – PATACCHIOLA Cristina (ITA) and YANG Binsheng (CHN)
Reserve Referee – YEOM Dong-Chul (KOR)
Chief Marshal: YAHYA Ali – (BRN)
Time Keeper – TUIMAIKOROLEVU Joape (FIJ)
Technical Controller – OLESHKO Valentyn (UKR), ZAWADZKI Jacek (POL)
Secretary – ABDULLeva Zhukra (UZB)
Competition Doctor – Dr. DOERR Dominik (LUX) AND Dr. KAKHABRISHVILI Zurab (GEO)