Some key points announced by the Hon. Prime Minister this afternoon as he called on Fijians to set a new standard of care among our people for their communities, their families, their relatives, neighbours and especially, for our most vulnerable citizens –– those most at-risk from COVID-19.
* The nationwide curfew will remain in effect, but to allow for more economic activity and freedom of movement, it will now be enforced from 11pm and lifted at 4am from Monday the 22nd of June until further notice.
* Nightclubs will stay closed.
* From Monday, the 22nd of June, social gathering restrictions will be relaxed – allowing for gatherings up to 100 individuals and will apply to weddings, funerals, cafes, restaurants, conferences and other community gatherings.
* Effective from Friday, the 26th of June, houses of worship will be allowed to re-open their doors to 100 worshippers at a time.
* Year 12 and Year 13 students will start classes on Tuesday, 30 June.
* The rest of the primary and secondary schools –– as well as early childhood education –– will open one week later, on Monday, the 6th of July.
* Tertiary institutions as well can open for face-to-face classes from 30 June.
* Gyms, fitness centres and swimming pools –– both public pools and those at hotels –– will be permitted to re-open from Monday, the 22nd of June
* Contact sports will be allowed also from tomorrow.
* Live sporting events will resume, but with restrictions.
* Formal indoor and outdoors sporting venues can host sporting events with spectators at 50 per cent capacity, so long as physical distancing is maintained within the venue.
*For informal sports events at the community level, the 100-person limit applies.
* Cinemas will re-open their doors from Monday 22nd June, but will be limited to 50 per cent of capacity.
AND DON’T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE careFIJI App onto your phone
Also keep in mind that the new CURFEW HOURS comes into effect on Monday 22nd June and not today.