Fijians are strongly advised against non-essential travel to mainland China.
The Chinese authorities, in their efforts to control the novel coronavirus outbreak, have shut down public transport in cities in the Hubei province – and it is possible that this will be extended to other areas as the outbreak progresses.
Therefore, movement and the ability to leave areas may be affected.
If you are traveling to China please:
• Avoid visiting ‘wet’ markets that sell live and dead animals out in the open,
• Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals
• Avoid contact with persons with flu like symptoms
• Ensure that you only eat meat or eggs that are thoroughly cooked,
• Practice hand and respiratory hygiene (described below).
o Cover your mouth and nose with tissue, sleeve, or elbow when coughing or sneezing. Throw tissue into a close bin after use. Clean hands after coughing and sneezing and when caring for the sick
o Frequently clean your hands with soap and water or an alcohol based hand rub
o Avoid contact with persons with flu like symptoms
If you have been to China in the last 14 days and develop any symptoms (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), immediately contact one of the numbers listed below. If you need to see a doctor please call ahead, using the following phone numbers, before visiting to reduce the risk of infecting other patients.
Central 2219905 Eastern 2219906 Western 2219907 Northern 2219908