A family in the village of Lutu, Wainibuka in Naitasiri is without shelter tonight after their home caught fire earlier today.

According to the Village headman Tevita Raisuqe, the fire started at 10.30am this morning and the villagers tried their best to put the fire out but unfortunately everything was too late.

It is alleged the fire stared from a Kerosene primus stove and Raisuqe has stressed to the villagers to take extra precaution while cooking or using electrical appliances.

No one was injured in the fire.

The Fire Authority and Police have been advised accordingly.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
Fiji TV Subscribe

Don't miss the HSBC Sevens Series LIVE on Fiji One.