Talks are in progress for the removal of vessels birthed around the Suva Harbor that have been considered a hazard to safety Navigation.
This was revealed by MSAF Acting CEO-Captain Philip Hill.
Hill says they have submitted their information papers to their line Minister, as the removal of the Proposed 14 vessels from the Harbor will depend on Funds that is available.
Meanwhile since last week, all cargoes from the MV Southern Phoenix have been completely removed from the Suva Harbor which includes cargoes that fell around the sea bed.
Hill says the ship’s parts are now been cut up for Re-floating.
The MV Southern Phoenix sank in the Suva Harbor on May 6, 2017.