If you are having a difficult time paying rent, you can try resolving this by contacting your landlords and making your request in writing.
If you are a tenant – What to do?
• Write to your landlord, stating the nature of assistance being sought and retain a copy of this letter
• If your landlord is able to agree on the terms proposed, please ensure that you honour the terms of variation of the agreement.
• If your landlord does not agree, please contact FCCC to enable us to mediate on the matter
• If you are served with an eviction notice, a distress order or court eviction order, please contact FCCC, we will examine your case and assist you under the relevant laws that are available.
If you are a Landlord – What to do?
• If you receive a letter from your tenant seeking deferment or rent reduction, please assist them on humanitarian grounds
• If you feel your tenant has the ability to pay but is trying to mislead you please contact FCCC. We will investigate your claims.