On Sunday 24th March, 2019, A member of the public was an unfortunate victim of electrocution last Sunday the 24th of March at Dalip Chand & Sons Ltd Garage in Nasekula, Labasa.

EFL Chief Executive Officer, Hasmukh Patel says in their preliminary investigation, EFL found that the 26 year old victim was operating a water blaster on Sunday morning, when the damaged power cable came into contact with the metal frame of the water blasting machine consequently energizing it.

The victim was in contact with the metal nozzle of the water blaster trigger gun and got electrocuted.

Visual inspection revealed that the insulated sheathing of the power cable of the water blaster was torn with copper strands of the active conductor clearly visible. The copper strands of the active conductor came into contact with the metal frame of the water blasting machine at the time of the incident which led to the unfortunate demise of the victim.

EFL strongly cautions all consumers to ensure that they only engage EFL licensed contractors and electricians for their electrical internal wiring requirements and also to properly check their electrical appliances on a regular basis, for deterioration of its electrical cord or extension cords if being used to avoid unfortunate mishaps such as this. 

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
Fiji TV Subscribe

Don't miss the HSBC Sevens Series LIVE on Fiji One.